One of the best carbon-positive things you could possibly do for yourself and the planet is to join the responsible, earth-loving sustainable food movement by growing your own food.
Developed for backyard, rural, or even commercial operations the organic and sustainable GROWtunnel system won’t degrade the natural soil biome, or leach poisons into the environment.
The GROWtunnel provides a growing environment that is protected from wind, rain, hail and intense sun.
There are three types of GROWtunnels:
The BACKYARDER which is designed for the suburban backyard. Climate conscious families can grow their own organic food in their backyard.
The RURAL is perfect for more open spaces and can generate income while it feeds your family and community.
The COMMERCIAL is a multi-span option which is designed for the commercial scale food production.
GROW Together-We-Can is an Australian-owned agricultural technology company that offers an integrated and sustainable agricultural solution for backyarders, farmers and retailers. They aim to empower communities (both thriving and emerging) with an agricultural solution that provides both local opportunity and global climate benefits. You can grow, buy, sell or trade organic produce from your backyard, or business
A recent report from the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, released in August 2019, looks at the relationship between climate change and land use, citing the need for a shift to sustainable farming systems that focus on soil condition, carbon storage and biodiversity.
Traditional, modern food production systems are largely responsible for approximately 30 per cent of greenhouse gas emissions every year. But things are finally changing.
THE 2019 AUSTRALIAN ORGANIC MARKET REPORT REVEALS THE NATION’S ORGANIC INDUSTRY IS WORTH AU$2.6 BILLION AND THAT AWARENESS SURROUNDING ORGANICS IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC VEGETABLES ACCOUNTING FOR THE HIGHEST SHARE OF RETAIL SALES AT AU $894 MILLION.
- The overall number of households saying they have purchased at least one organic product in 2018 lifted to 65% from the previous year.
- More than half of organic buyers (55%) say that they look for a certification logo on the label to check if a product is organic.
- Over 90% of purchasers say that they shop for organics in supermarkets at some time.
- The benefits of products being chemical-free (80%), environmentally friendly (71%) and additive-free (65%) are viewed as the biggest advantages of organic food.
- Just under half of organic shoppers say they purchased organic due to increased awareness of the impact of food and cosmetics on their personal health.
- Over 7 in 10 shoppers use Google to search for information about organics.
While some Australian farmers are finally looking at transitioning to more regenerative agricultural farming methods, GROW TWC are helping this transition by building a thriving community – the GROW Marketplace Ecosystem – a multi-layered solution that connects organic the GROWtunnel farmer network with localised wholesale buyers in real time with a (coming soon) Marketplace APP – a digital marketplace – effectively forming a community of interacting farmers and retailers, within the GROW environment.
With a launch date for GROW Marketplace scheduled for mid-2020, buyers and advertisers can register their interest to receive email updates and early bird offers prior to launch here.